DIY Glitter/Snow Globe!+ Get to know more about me!
So, I’m going to save best for last so I will do the get to know more about me tag later but, for now.. I need to do a craft because I haven’t done one yet and the entire point of my blog is to expand people’s knowledge on crafts. Bottom line, I am going to show you how to make a DIY Glitter/Snow Globe.
- A jar (for example, a Mason Jar)
- Glitter/Fake snow powder (you can also just use white or transparent colored glitter to make it look like snow, this is what I recommend)
- A small structure to go inside the jar (a small toy will do but, you can also go out and buy some small structure. Make sure it is a hard structure so that we will be able to glue the structure to the jar.
- Distilled Water (normal water is also usable but, I highly recommend distilled water)
- OPTIONAL: Small Decor (ribbon, jewels etc.)
- Open mason jar and set the glass part of the jar aside and put the lid in front of you.
- Flip the lid over so that it looks like a tray (the top of the lid should be backing down)
- Take your small structure and put glue on the bottom part of it (for example, if it’s an animal then put glue on the bottom of it’s legs)
- Take the structure and place it onto the jar’s lid. Make sure it is centered and where you want it to be. I recommend putting it on a raised platform to see it clearly. To do this you can simply take some clay and mold it, used a lego or use the lid of another smaller jar. Make sure the platform is hard.
- Put the lid aside to dry, I recommend one or two hours but, it really depends on your glue.
- Once the glue has dried, test it to make sure it won’t fall off by giving it a small and gentle push
- Next, take the jar and fill it with your water all the way to the top
- Add as much glitter/snow as you would like but, make sure you do not over do it. I recommend a 2:1 ration for the water to glitter/snow
- Add glue to the part of the jar where the lid screws on and quickly screw on the lid. This will ensure no leaks and it will make sure the lid won’t be able to be screwed off.
- Lastly, add some decor to the lid by adding a ribbon and you’re done
Now isn’t this great! We have finally finished the DIY! My first DIY that is.
The best DIY in the world!
This can be given during any occasion because you are able to choose the structure inside which is what shows your peers what the globe is about. It’s the center of attention, like I always am ;)! *Flips hair* Just kidding!
GET TO KNOW ME TAG!
So, you guys have probably seen my About page. Raise your hand if you have. Thank you, I appreciate you using your muscle. I’m just kidding! Back to the point, I want to you guys to know me more and I want to know you guys more so that’s why I have decided to make you guys this tag. Please tell me about you in the comments! I would love to hear about you guys and it really warms my heart to see that some of you in the comments are really similar to me.
Nicknames: Neels. My name is already short so it’s kind of hard to come up with a Nickname, if you have a suggestion, please comment it down below!😂
Birthday: May 31, 2004. The last day of the month!
Star Sign: Gemini
Occupation: I am a student who is still going to school, currently in middle school.
Hair color: Really, really dark brown. It sometimes even looks black!
Hair length: It ends just below my hip, if I let it down. *flips hair* 😉
Eye Color: Brown. Like many people, I have brown eyes and I’m not special. Lol, Just Kidding 😂 *flips hair*
Best Feature: I don’t know but, if I have to say something I like about my appearance, it’s my eyes because I like big eyes and my eyes are big, according to my friends *wink wink May*😂
Braces:Yes, I currently have braces on my top and bottom teeth and I have a year and a half before I can get them off. RIP
Piercings: Only your typical the common ear piercings! I plan to get a second piercing on both my ears in the future though.
Tattoos: NOPE! I’m not a Risky person in general! 😂
Right or Left: Righty! I’m not special, I’m like all others. RIP. Just Kidding! 😂
Real Holiday: I went to Six Flags when I was about 3 and I was so scared of all the roller coasters so my parents were stuck with me in the kids area. I’m sorry mom and dad!😂
Best Friend: I moved away from her and we don’t really talk that much but, it was a girl named Nicole and we would always =hang out. Our favorite thing to do was put an Oreo on our forehead and try to get it into our mouth!
Award: I won first place for having the best Science Experiment out of the state and explaining my project really well. Ths was around fourth grade.
Sport: Tennis, my whole family plays tennis and I started when I wa about 5.
Concert: I honestly don’t remember, lol.
TV Show(s): PRETTY LITTLE LIARS!
Color: Light Blue
Songs: There are so many songs out there and I love them all! Currently, it’s Don’t let me Down by the Chainsmokers ft. Daya. I’m probably going to end up changing in a few days lol.
Restaurant: I don’t think I have one, I just love food in general but, I had to choose one, it would be KFC.
Shop: Abercrombie and Fitch, I love their clothing and target material that they make ufrt out of.
Books: I don’t have one, I love all books😂
Shoes: Converse, they go with EVERYTHING!
Feeling: Tired, Hungry and Bored. The usual.
Single or Taken: I am single. A single potato that is. 😉
Eating: Nothing, I can’t type and eat at the same time lol. But, I am craving some Takis.
Thinking About: Food. I love food, it’s my bae.
Watching: I can’t type and watch at the same time, I’m not a multitasker when it comes to this. 😂
Wearing: A comfy shirt and some shorts – what I always wear.
Want Children: Sure, I like kids. I’d probably only go with two though
Want to be Married: Yes, in the future to my prince charming. *flips hair*
😂 Just kidding!
Careers in Mind: A doctor. More specifically, a pediatrician. I love kids so, yeah.
Where You Want to Live: I’ve always wanted to live in California, so I would probably go find a home and job there.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN
God: YES. It’s a big part of Hinduism
Miracles: Maybe, not all the time, sometimes.
Love at first sight: No, I think you can have a crush on someone you first see but, it can’t be love,. For it to be love, you have to know that person.
Ghosts: Kind of… sometimes. (don’t judge)
Aliens: Yeah, sometimes. I feel like there is more life, beyond Earth
Soul Mates:Yes, you just need to find the right person and then you will figure out if he or she is you soul mate.
Heaven: Yes. If you were good and chill through your life, you can expect to go here.
Hell: Yes. It’s called Karma and it’s made for people who were bad when they were alive.
Kissing on a first date: If the time feels right, go ahead.
Yourself:Yes, everyone is capable of achieving their dreams.Self-confidence is extremely important in almost every aspect of our lives, yet so many people struggle to find it. Sadly, this can be a vicious circle: people who lack self-confidence can find it difficult to become successful.Your level of self-confidence can show in many ways: your behavior, your body language, how you speak, what you say, and so on. I find it important to value yourself so you know what to do at the right times.
NOMINATE: I nominate all of you guys to do this tag and pass it on! i hope you enjoyed this! Thanks for reading! *flips hair*